NHS DENTAL CHARGES
EMERGENCY DENTAL TREATMENT – £21
BAND 1 COURSE OF TREATMENT – £21
This covers an examination, diagnosis (including X-rays), advice on how to prevent future problems, a scale and polish if clinically needed, and preventative care such as the application of fluoride varnish or fissure sealant if appropriate.
BAND 2 COURSE OF TREATMENT – £55
This covers everything listed in Band 1 above, plus any further treatment such as fillings, root canal work or removal of teeth but not more complex items covered by Band 3.
BAND 3 COURSE OF TREATMENT – £250
This covers everything listed in Bands 1 and 2 above, plus crowns, dentures, bridges and other laboratory work.
NHS TREATMENT – WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
NHS treatment is available for all UK residents.
NHS treatment is free if you fall into one of the categories below (when your treatment starts)
- If you are under 18
- If you are 18 and in full time education
- If you are pregnant or have had a baby in the last 12 months
Or if you are receiving:
- Income support
- Income-related employment and support allowance
- Income based jobseekers allowance
- Pension credit
- You are named on a valid NHS tax credit exemption certificate
- You are named on a valid HC2 certificate.
Those on a low income may also receive financial help towards any dental costs.